Friday, March 14, 2008

well, Argentina






the rain finally left and it has been magnificently sunny the past couple days. I sat in a park all day and ended up meeting some friends. everybody cool I meet is real into heavy metal which kind of sucks cause I don't really want to go to heavy metal boliches... not that that would exist. but I don't know. they are cool. some of them go to UBA which is the best school in Argentina and also free. some of them are just musicians and I think they said that they play some sort of gypsy rock. one of them plays some instrument that was kind of like a sitar.. but not. I'm not sure. and they are all vegans. I cannot imagine being a vegan in this country. but it gives me hope, even though I have pretty much given up on being a vegetarian here. I could definitely do it if I wanted to, I am just kind of addicted to these ham and cheese tostadas at school. I started classes... nothing too exciting to say about that. I still have one more week where attendance doesn't count and we can go sit in whatever classes that we want, so I will probably test out a few more. my schedule right now is just Cultura y Tradiciones de Argentina, Ética, Tango: La Expresión de Buenos Aires (Danza y Teoría) y Gramática de Español Profundizada B. all of those classes are with international students and I would like to take at least one with regular Argentines. I sat in on the history of political movements and it was cool but it was 30 pages of reading for each class, which would be near impossible in Spanish. Anyway here are a few photos from today. the white balance was ridiculous because it's so sunny. oh, what a difficult life.

No comments: