Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tigre; delta life at its best









here are some pictures from a few weeks ago when we ventured to El Tigre, a town about 30 minutes out of Buenos Aires where people live along the delta and their houses are only accessible by boat. if you want to go to the grocery store.. well you hang a basket on your dock and eventually one on a boat will swing by. I never saw the delta in Lousiana.. but I think that this is probably pretty similar. a lot of the houses looked like they may have been hit by a hurricane somewhere along the way but I'm pretty sure they hadn't. humidity and flooding are the main house killers I think. there are also some pictures from Peru Beach, which is a little bit closer and on the "river" which to me is more of an ocean. The girls with me in the pictures are Christina and Cyd.. the Americans I hang out with the most.

No comments: